Quick Guide to Carport Kits
A Quick Guide To DIY Carport Kit
If you don’t have a garage at home, it can be not easy to protect your car or bike from the elements. An effective solution to this problem is a carport kit, a cost-effective way to shelter your car or cars from rain, snow, hail, and sun damage. Carport kits are much cheaper than constructing a garage and can also add value to your home.
So, if you’re looking for a carport kit for your property here’s what you need to know.
What is a Carport Kit?
A carport kit, also known as a DIY carport kit like a gable carport kit, contains everything you need to assemble your carport including screws and bolts. Every part such as the support poles and roof sections is cut perfectly to carport size, so all you have to do is assemble it. A well-designed structure should not only be quick and easy to put up but also very strong, able to survive the toughest climatic conditions.
Choosing A Carport Kit
There is an extensive option of carport styles and design types out there. Before making your purchase, you will need to consider a number of factors such as:
- How big do you want your carport space to be? Do you want to accommodate one, two, or more vehicles? Also, consider the weather and height clearance and footing if you have a vehicle such as a jeep with a roof rack. Similarly, if you have a caravan or motorhome you want to be sheltered by the carport.
- Do you want to use your carport to store items as well as your car?
- What type of roof do you want? You can choose from a flat roof, gable roof, or sloping roof.
- Which style of carport will complement the appearance of my home? Carports are usually positioned at the front or to the side of houses so you’ll want one that improves rather than detracts from its appearance. The four types of carport kit designs are Dutch gable carport, hip roof carport, gable carport, and skillion carport.
What is in a Carport Kit?
Each carport kit is custom design to the specific requirements of each customer. Typically, a carport kit will come in a flat pack and contain the posts, frame, roof, and every other part such as guttering, downpipes, connection brackets, Colorbond flashings, and fasteners, such as nuts, screws, and rivets. Carport kits also come with a list of parts, instructions, and drawings to help you. Furthermore, because this product is covered by the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) you can always request a replacement if the carport kit you purchase is defective.
How Much Do Carport Kits Cost?
With so many different options available there are understandably a wide variety of prices. But here’s a quick rundown to help you.
For a skillion roof single carport made of steel, you should expect to pay $1,200 or less. A skillion-roof double carport would set you back about $2,000. These are for standard sizes, so you will need to pay more for longer and higher skillion roof carports.
Skillion roof carports are the cheapest options, so for others, you should be budgeting around $2,000 to $3,000 for a single carport and around $4,000 to $5,000 for a double carport.
There may also be a number of additional costs to factor into your budget for council approval. These include surface preparation, local council fees if you need a building permit in your area, and the cost of a tradesperson if you are not going to install and erect the carport yourself.
Constructing Your Carport
You can assemble the carport yourself or invite a couple of friends to help you. This is a great way to save even more money. However, if you don’t know one end of a hammer from another or just don’t have the time then you can hire a qualified tradesperson like NO1 Carports Brisbane to assemble the carport for you.
Advantages of Carport Kits
Among the principal advantages of carport kits are:
- The materials are pre-cut and pre-punched so you are only paying for what you need which is a considerable cost saving. You’re not paying for any wasted materials which you would do if you were constructing your carport from scratch, buying stock lengths then cutting them down to size.
- With a carport kit all the drill holes have already been made for you. This can save hours of your time.
- You don’t need to spend any time sourcing components because everything you need comes with your carport kit. All you’ve got to do is grab your tools, and you’re good to go.
- For even more convenience your carport kit can be delivered right to your front roller door. Another big time-saver.
Get Your Carport Kit Today
So, to protect your vehicles over the long term while enhancing the aesthetic appeal and value of your home choose an affordable carport kit from Pro Carports.